Sunday, March 28, 2010

Consultant Crop

Yesterday I went to a free Consultants Only Crop at my up-line, Eileen's, scrap studio. A crop is when a group of people get together to work on scrapbooking projects, eat  and socialize.  As Eileen says it's a great way for women (and an occasional man) to get together for some time away but actually accomplish something at the same time. It feels a bit like the quilting bees of years past. It was great and I look forward to getting away to do it again soon!

Eileen has been a CM consultant for 8+ years and has several consultants under her. Some have been CM consultants for 15 years. It was great to meet them, a really nice group of women. Several of them told me they were very impressed with my layouts and sample book, which made me feel great as a newbie and reassured me that what I'm doing maybe isn't so crazy after all. We also shared tips and information and learned from each other.

I got started on my 2009 Disney trip album and have downloaded the CM Disney Mickey, Princess, Cars and Pooh Digital Addition Kits which I think will make a great addition to the "Basic White" pages with some additions from the "Primary" palette.

I love this idea of women coming together to socialize yet make progress on their albums at the same time. I'm looking forward to setting up some crop events at my home with people who want to bring their laptops and scrap digitally. I am not setup to host crops with traditional (paper) scrapbookers at this time but Eileen is and I can put you in contact with her. If you live the Seattle/Bellevue area and are interested in attending a crop event please e-mail me at seesusanscrap@comcast.net .

No comments:

Post a Comment